April 5, 2013
Our Minnesota legislators need to hear two things about the Health and Human Services budget! They need to hear from all of us. Remember that they count the number of calls they get on an issue. Today Representative Huntley pledged that nursing homes and long-term care workers would be held harmless from any cuts and said he will work to provide for some kind of COLA increase this year.
- No more cuts to programs and services for people with disabilities.
- Oppose the $150 million cuts to health and human services proposed in the House and Senate budgets for the next two years.
- Support the Governor’s proposals for funding human services and special education.
- Raise revenues fairly to protect those programs.
- Please vote for repeal of the 1.67% cut to disability services that was enacted in 2011 and scheduled to occur on July 1, 2013.
What you can do: Contact your legislator. To find your legislator go to the State District Finder and then type in your address. Then call, write, or go see your MN House Representative and your MN Senator.
Give them with your opinion about the Health and Human Services budget. Help protect those with disabilities and others from budget cuts.